[WT-support] Elecraft K3 M1 Repeat

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Oct 26 21:05:02 CEST 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Jim Balls <makidoja at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>   When I use a LUA script for DVR M1 repeat the K3 displays REPEAT where
> the sub VFO frequency readout should be, is there:-
>
> A) Any other way of repeating DVR M1 with a LUA?

There is no built-in way to repeatedly invoke a LUA script every few
seconds.  You *can* put a loop into a script that plays the M1 message then
sleeps for some number of seconds (wtApp:Sleep(3000)).  Then you need
another script to set a variable so you can break the loop.  I haven't
tried to make that work, but it should be possible.

But, are you using the RptM1 script in K3scripts.zip, which you can
download from http://bit.ly/wtscripts?  These also work with some other
radio voice keyers (except Icom rigs, because the is no way to do anything
with the Icom DVR via software commands).

 B) Any way to turn off the REPEAT message on the K3?

If you follow the installation instructions in K3scripts.zip, the Escape
key can be used to send an RX; command to the K3 to halt the K3DVR
repeating CQ loop. As for the display, learn to use the VFO B frequency
display at the top of the Radio 1 band map instead of the one on the radio.

C) Any way to get the band map to track VFO B?

No, Win-Test does not support SO2V mode. Note however that you can
Alt-Double-Click on a spot to send it to VFO B.  You can also double click
on the VFO B window at the top of the Radio 1 band map to highlight it, but
I'm not sure if that forces VFO B tracking in the scrolling band map or
really does what you want.

> I have not used wintest in this way before and previously using N1MM this
> just repeats the sending of the DVR M1 command every X seconds, why is it
> that Wintest will not repeat send a LUA? with the repeat function.

The repeat function only works with the built-in keyers or the internal
sound card DVK, because that is the only way that Win-Test knows the length
of a voice message.  The K3 has no way to communicate the length of the
internal DVK messages, and Win-Test has no K3-specific code to watch for
when the radio transitions from TX to RX state to start a timer.

> I want to use the Sub VFO for the odd multi hunting while calling CQ on
> the run freq.

Use Alt-Double-Click on spots, and the swap VFO script in K3scripts.zip.

 Doing CQWW SSB Single Band.

GL.