[WT-support] Winkey sending only single character

Simon Schelkshorn simon at schelkshorn.de
Tue Nov 6 23:38:09 CET 2012

This e-mail did not get through the list due to the attached pictures

Bob you can download the pictures from:
https://www.hidrive.strato.com/lnk/nDyIt7KX

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Hi Rob, hi Bob,

thanks for your answers.

First of all I got an email off-list from another WT user who also knows
this problem. Also in his case it seems to be sporadic. He and also I am
not totally sure that this problem is in WT problem or some other
hardware issue.

Rob, thanks for your hint with the Handshake-Lines. WT default seems to
be RTS and DTR as handshake. The simple Winkey (serial interface) needs
DTR high and RTS low to get powered (if I read the schematic correctly).
Currently I am using the WT default setting. I will play around with
these settings to see if that makes any difference.

Bob, my current setting does not use a MK2 so no fottswitch or other
PTT-signal. I will attach pictures with the Winkey settings to that
e-mail and hope that they get through.

vy 73
Simon, DJ4MZ