[WT-support] More on RBN spot filtering

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed May 30 22:18:41 CEST 2012

FYI, wtDxTelnet does not allow you to enter long commands (> 80 characters)
such as

set dx filter call=N6TV or (Skimmer and Unique > 2 and (SpotterState=CA or
SpotterState=NV or SpotterState = UT))

However, you can use the Alt-T (talk to packet) window of Win-Test to do
it.  You can even do a "Shift-Click" on the "Macro" buttons at the bottom
of that window to save, edit, and run long cluster commands, such as the
one shown above (though it only needs to be entered once).

DX stations may wish to use something like:

set dx filter call=SM6FUD or (Skimmer and Unique > 2 and (SpotterCqZone=14
or SpotterCqZone=15 or SpotterCQZone = 16))

but AB5K (author of ARCluster V) acknowledges that there is currently a bug
in the SpotterCqZone filter.  He is looking into it.  I suspect it will be
fixed in time for the next major contest.