[WT-support] Lost data

marcelo at alternex.com.br marcelo at alternex.com.br
Mon May 28 15:35:08 CEST 2012

Hello
In the first morning of the WPX Contest this weekend I started having some trouble
with my computer, and received a message that the resources were low. I decided to
restart the machine, closed all other programs and when I exited win-test I got some
message of a failed save operation due to low system resources.
After rebooting, when I loaded win-test my log file was empty. The file was trhere
but it had no qsos. I had to quit the contest.
Is there any chance to recover the log? Is there any other copy of the file on the
machine?
The lesson I've learned is thet from now on I will stick a pen-drive and
configure a periodical automatic backup.
Thanks for any help
Marcelo, PY1KN