[WT-support] CTY-2204 Country Files - 11 March 2012

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Mon Mar 12 15:04:47 CET 2012

The Country (CTY) Files were updated on 11 March 2012.

    http://www.country-files.com/cty/

To install the file, follow the link to your software at the top of the page.

If you are interested in a bigger CTY.DAT for everyday logging, you can get
it here:

    http://www.country-files.com/bigcty/

Note that the release notes (and Version Entity) for this larger file are
different than what is shown below.  There is a separate link to them.

Here are the release notes for the contest country files:

11 March 2012 (CTY-2204)
VER20120311, Version entity is Kyrgyzstan, EX

Starting with this release, "retired" calls will be left in the file
for 45 days after the last usage.

Added/changed Callsigns/prefixes:

	Some entity names were changed to be more in line with ARRL
	DXCC country list and/or Logbook of the World.

	3D2R is Rotuma, 3D2/r
	Some 3H3-3U3 and XS3 prefixes are in CQ Zone 23
	Some 3H9-3U9 and XS9 prefixes are in CQ Zone 24
	E5/s is in ITU Zone 63, not ITU zone 62
	E51WL is in ITU Zone 63, not ITU zone 62
	TO3X is St. Barthelemy, FJ
	GB0FFS and GB2NCL are both Scotland, GM
	GB2WG is Shetland and Fair Isle, *GM/s
	GB1OOC and GB2FLB are both Wales, GW
	I1YRL/GRA and IQ0GV/AAW are both Italy, I
	II0ICH and II0IDP are both Sardinia, IS
	WB4JTT is Hawaii, KH6
	K9VV is U.S. Virgin Islands, KP2
	P5 (not HM) is DPR of Korea ("North Korea")
	VP8/EA1CYK (VP8/EA1CYK/P) is South Shetland, VP8/h
	Republic of South Sudan is now Z8

Retired Callsigns/prefixes:

	9M4CWS in East Malaysia, 9M6
	N2NL in Guam, KH2