[WT-support] WinTest and K3 DVK

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Wed Mar 7 04:22:44 CET 2012

I am passing along the following for the benefit of anyone who would like
to control their K3's DVK messages from WinTest.

Ever since I got my K3 over a year ago, I have wished for a way  to trigger
the DVK messages from WinTest.  I mentioned this to Bob,  WA1Z, and he told
me about setting up LUA Scripts using Scripts Manager to  control the K3's
DVK messages from the keyboard.

I went through the procedures that Bob pointed me to (scripts developed by
N6TV), and in a short while I had them working.  I was now  able to key the
K3's M1, M2, M3 and M4 voice messages from selected keyboard  keys.  I got
this working just before ARRL DX SSB, and it saved my voice  from a weekend
of abuse!

Here are the references provided by Bob, WA1Z:

Setting up LUA Scripts using Scripts  Manager:
http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Tools#Scripts_Manager

The  Win-Test Wiki doc doesn't go into specific details about setting
up scripts  for the K3 DVK (as LUA scripts can be used for far more
than DVK control).  However, there are specific instructions in N6TV's
script  repository:

_http://www.kkn.net/~n6tv/wtscripts/_ (http://www.kkn.net/~n6tv/wtscripts/)
   - many scripts developed by N6TV, including those for the K3's DVK.

In  the K3scripts.zip file, there is a README file (Readme_K3Scripts.txt)
with  specific setup instructions as well as summary descriptions of the
specific WTS  scripts.

Detailed documentation of individual script implementation is  limited to
comments in the code.

I would especially like to thank Bob, N6TV, for not only writing the
K3/DVK scripts, but for making them available along with well written
instructions provided in his README file.

73, George, K5KG

George  Wagner, K5KG
Sarasota, FL
941-400-1960  cell