[WT-support] How to migrate all settings from one PC to another

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Jun 18 20:46:43 CEST 2012

Open Win-Test on the working computer and do File | Explore | /cfg
directory.  Copy the .ini files.

Do File | Explore | /log directory and copy the Field Day log (.wt4 file)
from last year, if you have it.

Install Win-Test on the new computer, but do not register it yet.  Do File
| Explore | /cfg directory, and replace all the .ini files with copies from
the old computer.

Restart Win-Test and Select Help | Register software and click the red
"Register Now" link to request a new registration key for the new PC (link
takes you to a web page).  When the new reg. key arrives via email, paste
it into this dialog.

Finally, copy the Field Day log from last year, if you have it, and your
window positions, settings, and messages should all be the same.

Chances are the microHAM COM port numbers might not be exactly the same on
the new computer as the old computer, so you may have to manually adjust
that.

If you need more help with step-by-step instructions to register Win-Test,
see http://bit.ly/registerwt .