[WT-support] back to CQ frq

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Jan 31 20:35:30 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 6:29 AM, Vytenis Sciucka
<vytenis.sciucka at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have one problematic moment. I operate SO1R. Sometimes, when CQ Run rate
> is low and I see fresh meat in the bandmap, I like to jump to that
> frequency, ensure callsign is correct, throw my callsign, exchange reports
> and come back to my previous CQ frequency. These QSOs are very short. 20-40
> seconds and if I'm quick enough to come back I find my CQ frequency still
> free. What I found highly unconvenient is returning to CQ frequency and
> making CQ again. I need to press tricky key combination Alt+F4 to come back
> and then one more combination CTRL+TAB for CQ mode. Only then I can send CQ
> again. All this switching in the heat of contest is no good. Is there any
> other solution? Some other logging programs have it implemented with one
> key click. What is possible with WinTest? Any key remaping? LUA scirpts?
> Any practical information will be appreciated very much.

Vytenis,

I assume you are prefer to use ESM mode, hence the need to keep switching
back and forth from RUN to S&P mode to make the Enter key do what you want.

Unlike N1MM software, Win-Test provides no way to automatically switch to
S&P mode when you move the VFO or click on a spot, though it sure would be
nice to have.  There is also no way to implement this via a LUA script,
since there is no way to trigger a LUA script call whenever the VFO moves
or you click on a cluster spot.

However, do try assigning the attached LUA script to a key like Alt+Enter,
using Tools | Scripts Manager.

Then the sequence would be:

   1. Press Enter to call CQ
   2. Click on a spot to QSY and fill in the callsign
   3. Press F4 to send your callsign
   4. Enter the received exchange
   5. Press F2 to send your exchange
   6. Press Alt-Enter to run the LUA script which will:
      1. Log the QSO
      2. Return to the run frequency
      3. Call CQ

Or if you can't get used to pressing F4 and F2, the sequence would be:

   1. Press Enter to call CQ
   2. Click on a spot to QSY and fill in the callsign
   3. Press Ctrl+Tab to toggle to S&P mode
   4. Press Enter to send your callsign
   5. Enter the received exchange
   6. Press Enter to send your exchange
   7. Press Alt-Enter to run the LUA script which will:
      1. Log the QSO
      2. Return to the run frequency
      3. Restore RUN mode
      4. Call CQ

LogQSOandRestoreRunFreq.wts:
-- Log a QSO and return to RUN frequency then call CQ
-- Time-stamp: "31 January 2012 19:16 UTC"
-- Assign to Ctrl-Enter or Alt-Enter
-- Written by N6TV

-- Send Ctrl+Plus to silently log the QSO
wtApp:SendCtrlKey("Plus")

-- Send Alt+F4 to return to run freq
wtApp:SendFKey("F4", WT_KEY_ALT)

-- If we're in S&P mode ...
if wtQso:IsOperatingModeRun() == false then
   -- Send Ctrl+Tab to toggle back to RUN mode
   wtApp:SendKeyCode(265, WT_KEY_CTRL)
end
-- Pause for 300 ms to allow VFO swap to complete
wtApp:Sleep(300)

-- Press F1 to call CQ
wtApp:SendFKey("F1", 0)
return -1