[WT-support] Minimum WinKey CW speed

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Jan 7 11:48:58 CET 2012

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 2:22 AM, Simon Schelkshorn <simon at schelkshorn.de>wrote:

> I haven't tried but what about setting WT to use the WinKey Pot for
> speed setting and changing the minimum speed for the Pot to maybe 5
> wpm using the WinKey software? At least for my WinKey embedded in my
> MKII I can change the setting!

Win-Test will override those min/max settings at start-up.

> As far as I know the setting for min/max of the Pot should be set to
> correspond to the settings used by WT, i.e. 12/50 wpm (afaik).

The settings used by WT are 20/60 wpm.  Setting any other speed pot.
min/max values with the WinKey software usually causes unpredictable,
unwanted CW speed jumps when using Win-Test.

If you have an Elecraft K3, you can easily use the internal keyer of the
radio, and use COM port on/off keying, from Win-Test, any speed you like.
 The K3scripts (download from http://bit.ly/wtscripts) keep the radio's
keyer speed in sync with Win-Test (if you only use Win-Test to change
speeds).

There is no way to do the same with Icom radios, unfortunately.