[WT-support] Minimum WinKey CW speed

Robert Chipperfield robert at syxis.co.uk
Sat Jan 7 03:53:31 CET 2012

> I don't think there is any work around for this if you want to use a WinKey.
>
> But seehttp://lists.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2011-October/081623.html  (read
> from bottom up).  DJ3WE claims it works fine for him.  Many questions
> remain unanswered about this claim.
>
> 73,
> Bob, N6TV
Thanks Bob - I'd not found that particular thread.

The rate window does allow a claimed speed down to 12wpm by use of
Alt-F9, it just doesn't take effect - I wonder if Rudolf was seeing the
figure on the UI, and assuming it to be true? For reference, my WinKey
is a v22, and I saw the same effect using Win-Test 4.7 before then
upgrading to 4.9.1 (as expected - I don't think the WK code has changed
recently looking at the release notes.)

I guess it's probably possible to work around it using virtual COM ports
and intercepting the data stream, but that seems a little hacky even by
my standards :-).

73,
Rob, M0VFC