[WT-support] Band map shortcut?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Dec 26 10:48:24 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 9:28 AM, <Georgek5kg at aol.com> wrote:

> **
> Are there any keyboard shortcuts for the Bandmap?

Yes, see this link <http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Keys#Band_Map>.

I would especially like shortcuts to get to
> Bandmap-List-DisplayOptions-MultsOnly, and then to turn off Mults Only?

It sure would be nice, but there is no keyboard shortcut or text command
for that, nor any way to write a script to do it.  You have to right click
and select Display Options -> Mults Only.

Let me propose some new Win-Test text commands for these often-used pop-up
menu items.  If these commands were added to Win-Test, it would be really
trivial to write small LUA scripts to issue them, meaning you could assign
any of them to a single keystroke of your choice.

Proposed new text commands:

BANDMAP - Displays bandmap window for the active radio and/or moves focus
to the *Bandmap* tab.
NOBANDMAP - Hides bandmap window for the active radio
LISTVIEW - Displays bandmap window for the active radio and/or moves focus
to the *List* tab

MULTSONLY - Selects the "Display options -> Mults Only" option for the
active radio's bandmap
NOMULTSONLY - Deselects the "Display options -> Mults Only" option for the
active radio's bandmap
HIDEDUPES - Selects the "Display options -> Hide dupes and invalids" option
for the active radio's bandmap
NOHIDEDUPES - Deselects the "Display options -> Hide dupes and invalids"
option for the active radio's bandmap

BYARRIVAL - Selects the "Sort -> By Arrival Time" option for the active
radio's mandmap
BYCALL - Selects the "Sort -> By Call" option for the active radio's bandmap
BYFREQ - Selects the "Sort -> By Freq" option for the active radio's bandmap
BYMULT - Selects the "Sort -> By Mult Type" option for the active radio's
bandmap
BYHDG or BYHEAD or BYHEADING - Selects the "Sort -> By Heading" option for
the active radio's bandmap

In addition to the above we could also ask for the same commands operating
directly on Radio 1 or Radio 2 regardless of the active radio:

BANDMAP1 / BANDMAP2
NOBANDMAP1 / NOBANDMAP2
LISTVIEW1 / LISTVIEW2
MULTSONLY1 / MULTSONLY2