[WT-support] SO2V rtty

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Sep 21 18:42:39 CEST 2011

Unfortunately the secondary radio window in Win-Test is always dedicated to
the secondary radio; there is no way to dedicate it to the second VFO.  As
you discovered, Win-Test does not have any SO2V support.

Of course your K3's second VFO / second RX is muted when transmitting, so
SO2V is really pretty limited compared to what you can do with SO2R.

Some devices such as the MK2R+ can assign two different virtual serial ports
to the same radio.  So if you can borrow one of those boxes, you could
probably use that trick to fool Win-Test into thinking there are two radios
on the same band.  I think if you click on the VFO B frequency displayed at
the top of the band map for "Radio 2", it might start tracking VFO B in the
Secondary Radio window, but I have not tried it.

One thing that may help is to use the SwapVFO script (download K3scripts.zip
from http://bit.ly/wtscripts and view the readme file for installation
instructions).

In sum, if you really want full SO2V support, you'll have to use different
contest software.  But I think you would be better off trying to get SO2R
working rather than SO2V.