[WT-support] Contest mp3 record file

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Sep 6 23:17:50 CEST 2011

Hi Florent

Le 06/09/2011 22:43, METRA Florent a écrit :

> i have recorded this week end the vhf contest with wintest, but with other pc than pc used to log qso. Pc used to record audio was synchronized with pc for logging.
>
> How can i play qso by qso ?
>
> Wintest tell me qso was not logged with this pc ....
>
> Any idea ?

The name of the station on which was recorded the file is written in the
ID3 tags of the mp3 file, as the name of the "album".

You can use an ID3 tags editor and modify it to match the station name
of the logger.

CAUTION : Many ID3 tags editors are not totally following the specs of
these ID3 tags, and can screw up your file after edition.

I advise you to use mp3tag (http://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html) which
totally respect these specs, and is free. I already modified several
Win-Test mp3 files with it.

My second advice is to make a backup of the mp3 file before edition,
just in case ;-)