[WT-support] WT 4.9.1 release

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Oct 29 19:13:55 CEST 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 6:49 AM, Andy Hewitt <andyphewitt at btopenworld.com>wrote:

> I am using a registered copy of WT 4.8.0 and thought I would upgrade to the
> latest version. I cannot find any instructions on how to do this

Where did you look?  Everything you need to know is documented in the FAQ
section of the Win-Test Wiki, right
here<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/FAQ:Problems_Registering_and_Running>
.

when I tried the server would not accept the user name or codes that I was
> assigned when I paid for ver. 4.8.0.

Codes?  It sounds like you are trying to use your 29-character registration
key or 14-character computer code as a web site password.  That will
*not*work.

Sign in with your callsign and the 8-character web site password that you
received when you purchased Win-Test.  The FAQ page referenced above
explains how to locate that email, and what to do if you lost  it.

If anything on that page is unclear or confusing, please let me know, and I
will try to improve it.