[WT-support] Automatic CQ in SSB?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Oct 24 20:23:34 CEST 2011

I have provided a separate LUA script to use the repeating CQ feature of the
K3.  It is called RptM1.wts (stands for "Repeat message 1"), and I suggest
assigning it to Shift-F1.  Press Shift-F1 to start a repeating CQ.  Press
Escape (PlayHalt.wts) to terminate the message and exit the repeat.

The DVK repeat delay must be set using with K3 menus (MAIN: MSG RPT).  2 or
3 seconds is about correct.  Maybe some day I'll create a new script to set
the K3 message repeat delay, so that you don't have to touch the radio.
 Unfortunately, there is no way to set the delay to 2.5 seconds, a current
K3 limitation.

Note, however, that it doesn't work as well as the Win-Test DVK, which halts
the repeat as soon as you start typing.  You will have to train yourself to
press Escape every time someone answers the repeating CQ.

You will not see "REPEAT" in the window because the Win-Test DVK is bypassed
by the scripts.  There is an icon on the radio that indicates when a
repeating message is activated.

You will, however, see the CQ frequency properly marked in the band map,
when using the scripts.

The latest version of K3scripts.zip may be downloaded from
http://bit.ly/wtscripts .