[WT-support] It doesn´t open.

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Oct 11 00:18:41 CEST 2011

Are you saying that Win-Test 4 runs OK if started from the command line, but
it doesn't work when you click on an icon?

I can't tell what you are clicking on.  An icon on the desktop?  An icon in
the Task Bar at the bottom?  Use the icon in the Windows Start Menu:  Start
-> Programs -> Win-Test -> Win-Test.  If that icon works OK, drag a copy of
the Icon onto your desktop, or better yet, drag it to the Windows "Quick
Launch" bar at the bottom, where only a single-click is required.  Be sure
to drag with the RIGHT mouse button, and when prompted, select *COPY*, not
MOVE.

Usually only one copy of Win-Test can run at the same time.  Press
Ctrl-Shift-Escape to view the task manager.  See if wt.exe is already
running.

Maybe the log it is trying to open is corrupt.  You can start Win-Test with
the "-n" command line flag to prevent automatic log file opening:

WT -n

Also, right click on the Icon and view the Properties.  What program is it
running?  Is the "Working Directory" set to c:\Program Files \Win-test or
something else?

Are you running this on Windows 7?  Are you signing in with an Administrator
ID?  Or are you right clicking on the Icon and selecting "Run as
Administrator"?