[WT-support] Control of FT 1000

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Nov 11 18:42:46 CET 2011

Hi Chuck,

OmniRig provides an alternate way to control the radio through Win-Test
that may solve this problem.

Try the following:

   1. Install Omni-Rig (free) via this link
<http://www.dxatlas.com/omnirig> (click
   *Downloads*)
   2. Start Win-Test, type type SETUP [Enter] in the logging window
   3. *Un-check* the COM port assigned to Radio 1 (FT-1000)
   4. Change the rig type of Radio 1 from FT-1000 to *OmniRig*
   5. Press *OK*
   6. Right click on the Radio 1 band map window, and select *OmniRig
   Settings...* from the pop-up menu
   7. Set the COM port of Rig 1, and set the parameters to match your radio
   (4800, N, 8, 2)
   8. Press *OK*
   9. Try clicking on a spot on the bandmap, and report the results here.