[WT-support] Bandmap

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue May 31 19:25:07 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 5:20 AM, Marek SQ2GXO <gxo at wp.pl> wrote:

> During the weekend @SN2B M/S we've used reversebeacon.net as source of
> spots populating bandmap.
> There were so many spots coming that every ~CALL bandmap entry I entered
> manually (Ctrl+Enter)
> was overwritten in a minutes by new incoming spot.
>
> Is there a way to disable spots overwritting, that they will stay on
> bandmap until expired?

Unfortunately, no.  DX cluster spots will always override op-entered spots,
even in the Alt-A (announce) Window, which has a "Display -> Op Entered
only" option.

Suggestion:  use the Sked
Window<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Windows#Skeds>(Alt-B) to
save critical callsign time and frequency.  Type the call in the
logging window and then press Alt-E to add a sked.  Double click on the call
in the sked window to move VFO A to that spot.

Right click on the Sked window for other options.