[WT-support] Winkey problem

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu May 26 18:17:51 CEST 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 6:15 AM, Frank, IZ7AUH <iz7auh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I setup a Winkey of my Microham MKII on radio2, My problem is that I would
> like the Winkey is enabled only on radio 2 and no on both, how should I
> set?
>

> 73 IZ7AUH

I do not believe there is any way to tell Win-Test use the WinKey only for
Radio 2, and some other message keying device for Radio 1.

Try this.  In the Winkey Configuration
dialog<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#WinKey_configuration...>
 you
can tell the WinKey to use its second output (Pin 5) for Radio 2 -or- for
PTT.  If you set that to PTT, perhaps the WinKey will only work on Radio 1.
 Then you can swap Radio 1 with Radio 2, and try using COM port CW keying
for "Radio 1 only" on the serial port configuration
dialog<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#Serial_Ports>(select
type = Other device, DTR=CW, Active With = Radio 2).

If that doesn't work, I recommend using one or two virtual COM ports, or the
LPT port for on/off CW keying instead of using the Winkey.

FYI, I just expanded the documentation of the serial port configuration
dialog in the online Wiki, since many people didn't seem to understand how
to use the settings.  The virtual serial port pins can be used for CW on/off
keying and PTT, or for high speed SO2R active radio control of a microHAM,
EZMaster (?) or DXDoubler box via "Classic Auto Control" (set device type to
Other interface).