[WT-support] How to access the log from external programs (to help KST-chat client)?

Alexander Kurpiers a.kurpiers at gmail.com
Fri May 13 20:00:36 CEST 2011

Am 13.05.2011 19:05, schrieb Bob Wilson, N6TV:
> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 8:26 AM, Alexander Kurpiers
> <a.kurpiers at gmail.com <mailto:a.kurpiers at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Is this possible using WTcom.dll? Or what would be a good way to
>     do it?
>

> I suggest that the best way to do it would be to find someone to write
> a chat client "plugin" that emulates a DXCluster node, and provides a
> telnet port that wtDxTelnet can use, similar to the way that CW
> Skimmer does it.  That way Win-Test does all the dupe filtering for
> you, and only unworked callsigns would appear in the Win-Test band map
> and Announcement (Alt-A) windows.  It also means that no code changes
> to Win-Test would be required, and other contesting software could
> work with it as well.

Thanks for the suggestion, Bob.

We looked into that, too. But the ON4KST chat is really a chat: so you
need to contact people in this chat to arrange skeds, keep the contact
while you run the sked etc., you need to check who is qrv on which band
etc... So I really doubt that wtDxTelnet as the interface would be enough.

Our current approach would be to "translate" ON4KST chat to IRC - that's
probably a big help already being able to filter callsigns. But then you
still have the issue that you have 200+ in the chat, and you probably
worked half of them already.

You can only operate the chat while WT calls CQ for you (so you have
your hands and your brain free) - that's already a big plus. But
"wasting" this precious time by constantly typing in callsigns into WT
to check for new ones is not nice...

73' Alexander DL8AAU