[WT-support] MK2R+ in SOAB SSB mode

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri May 13 00:33:21 CEST 2011

Recommendations:

If your question is, how do I program a DVK and the SO2R advanced scenarios
with an MK2R+, my advice is to use the Win-Test Internal DVK, but specify
"USB Voice Codec" as the sound card.  You also *must* select Operating |
Technique | Advanced SO2R and then Operating | Modify the Scenarios.  Select
one of the predefined Advanced Scenarios such as "Plain Pileup".  Make sure
it is selected in the Secondary Radio Window.

Next, program your DVK messages via Shift-F1, Shift-F2 etc.

If your computer has a legacy LPT port (25-pin D connector), connect the LPT
port to your MK2R+ and only use LPT pins for RX/TX flocus.  LPT pin
switching is much faster and more reliable than the microHAM control
protocol (which uses serial port commands).  Do *not* specify the microHAM
control port to Win-Test at all, and everything should work fine.

If your computer has no LPT port, another option is to use virtual COM port
DTR/RTS pins for RX Focus, TX Focus, and Stereo ON/OFF.  You have to set
this up in the microHAM Router SO2R tab, and in Win-Test Interface
Configuration.

If this doesn't work or does not answer your questions, please send me
screen shots of everything you are trying to set up, both from Win-Test and
the microHAM router dialogs.