[WT-support] Blinking modes

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Mar 18 06:23:20 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 6:33 PM, <richnn3w at verizon.net> wrote:

> When in SO2R mode and with one radio (Radio 1) on CW and the other radio
> (Radio 2) on CW, the "mode" in the QSO entry line constantly flips back and
> forth from SSB to CW.  It does it randomly - but often at a rate of once
> every 3 or 4 seconds.  This makes QSO call entry impossible.
>
> Is this a glitch?  Am I forgetting to apply some command?

What *mode* did you specify on the Contest Configuration screen?  You have
to set it to MIXED for a mixed mode contest.

What type of radio are you connecting?  Are both VFOs of that radio set to
the same mode?  Press A->B on the radio to make sure.

If that's not it, please describe the hardware connection from PC to radio,
and please send me a screen shot of your Interfaces Configuration screen
(SETUP [Enter]).  Did you use the "FT-1000MP Default Settings" button (or
the equivalent for your radio)?  Does the frequency track OK?