[WT-support] Wintest and Winkey

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Mar 14 04:15:03 CET 2011

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Pete Smith <n4zr at contesting.com> wrote:

> when I shut down Win-Test, it appears to leave My Winkey 2 stuck in the
> program-controlled-speed state.

Are you saying the Winkey speed knob doesn't work at all after you exit
Win-Test?  Can you just power the Winkey off and on to fix it?  I've never
seen that happen, but I'm using a Winkey inside a microHAM MK2R+, so
the microHAM Router program takes care of resetting the Winkey state
whenever the port closes.

What version of the Winkey chip does Win-Test report during start-up (at the
bottom of the logging window, in red)?  Is this a standalone K1EL Winkey USB
or some other model?

Is there an option I've missed for restoring the Winkey to normal
> stand-alone state?

Not that I'm aware of.  Win-Test doesn't try to save and restore the WinKey
settings when starts up and shuts down.  It should just close the COM port,
so the WinKey speed knob should be working again.

A possible work-around is to use the WKSETUP command and specify
Synchronized:  "Only by the WinKey Pot".  Maybe you can send me a screen
shot of your WKSETUP screen.