[WT-support] FT100D, need some advice

Antonio Galiana ea5by.tony at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 10:54:53 CEST 2011

Hi Bob!
Many thanks for your help.
All is ok now.

I did the following:

First: Start Digi Keyer (MicroHam) router and configure:
ComPort: Com4 for the radio (set as "no rig (Digital operation)"
CW port: Com5 DTR
PTT port: Com5 RTS

Second: Configure Omnirig (thanks VE3NEA) as follows:
Rig Tipe: FT100D
ComPort: Com4
Baud Rate: 4800
Data Bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop bits: 2
RTS: Low
DTR: Low
Poll int: 500
Timeout: 4000

Third: Configure WINTEST interface as follows:
ComPort: Com5
Device: MK/MKII>9600-8-N-1
DTR (pin4): CW
RTS (pin7): PTT
Active with: Radio 1

An that's all!
Now my setup works fine and tomorrow morning I will be active as EA1DX/5
from VGA-052 (top of Sierra Gorda Hill) with a couple of friends in
different VG's trying to spend a pure & healthy sunday radio morning.

Thanks to all of you guys and very specially to you Bob!

73 ;)
Tony EA5BY

2011/6/4 Bob Wilson, N6TV <n6tv at arrl.net>

> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Antonio Galiana <ea5by.tony at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Now Omnirig is configured as follows:
>> Rig Tipe: FT100D
>> Port: Com4
>> Baud Rate: 4800
>> Data Bits: 8
>> Parity: None
>> Stop bits: 2
>> RTS: Low
>> DTR: Low
>> Poll int: 500
>> Timeout: 4000
>>
>> Wintest interface configuration:
>> Radio: Omnirig
>> Comport: unchecked
>>
>> FT100D now send all information to Wintest, so the problem is solved in
>> part.
>>
>> But Wintest doesn't key the transceiver nor it sends cw messages... what
>> am I missing?
>>

> You need to define a CW pin (COM or LPT) -or- a Winkey COM port.  You
> cannot send CW to the FT-100D via CAT commands.
>
> What is plugged into the Key jack of your radio?  Legacy keying circuit
> (COM/LPT)?  microHAM box?  Winkeyer?  Electronic keyer?  Paddles?  You
> cannot use the internal keyer of the radio and computer keying at the same
> time.
>
> You may need to use a second COM port for CW keying, and  an interface
> cable to connect the second COM port pin to the key jack.
>
> See COM port CW keying<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Interfaces#COM-port_CW_keying>in the documentation.
>
> 73,
> Bob, N6TV

*73 de Tony*