[WT-support] TS-590 COM settings

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Jul 6 19:30:10 CEST 2011

Hi Harry,

Are you using the Kenwood (HF) defaults, with DTR and RTS set to "Always
OFF"?   Are you also using a USB-to-Serial adapter instead of a "real"
serial port?  Some of these USB-to-Serial adapters may require DTR to be set
to "Always ON".  Try that.

Also in Win-Test, if the "Don't poll" checkbox is checked, UNCHECK it.

If neither of these things seems to help, you may have to try a different
USB-to-Serial adapter, preferably one based on the FTDI chipset rather than
one based on the Prolific chipset.  It is very hard to get USB-to-Serial
adapters based on the Prolific chipset to work properly.

If you are using a microHAM virtual serial port, we'll need more details
about how it is configured.

Another possibility is to try OmniRig <http://www.dxatlas.com/omnirig> for
TS-590 support, rather than the support built-in to Win-Test.

PA2A's comment about firmware 1.04 is also somewhat troubling.