[WT-support] CQ-160m question

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Jan 28 01:15:59 CET 2011

If you put a file named ARRL-ALL.DTB in the /databases directory as
described here <http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Database_Files> in the
Win-Test Wiki (online manual), Win-Test will theoretically attempt to
pre-fill the state information in the logging window.  But that database has
not been updated since 2006.  You could update it yourself by loading your
old contest logs (Cabrillo OK), then selecting:  File | Update database, but
it may not be worth the trouble.

Another option is to use text files that you create yourself (the
Win-Test "Extra
Data Files" <http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Windows#Extra_Information>).

But I don't believe either option will automatically calculate the state and
post it on every cluster spot and automatically highlight the multipliers.
That's because you don't really know the state of a station until they
actually send it in the exchange.  You really don't want Win-Test to
highlight cluster data based on "theoretical" state from a database, as it
could be very misleading, highlighting stations that are *not *mults and not
highlighting other stations that *are* mults, especially in a single-band
contest like CQ 160.