[WT-support] Keyer Speed Indicator

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Feb 24 02:44:48 CET 2011

The issue is that Win-Test combines in one window the essential information
(current CW speed), with useful but much less important information (rate
meters).  There ought to be a way to display CW speed right where you want
it, near the logging window, *and* rate info. someplace else, off to the
side.  All the other major loggers do it this way.

The current location of the speed indicator is a holdover from the CT days
when CW speed was originally displayed next to the rate window (for reasons
unknown).  I believe the CT rate window could be separated from the keyer
speed window by dragging one or the other with the mouse.  Win-Test doesn't
let you do that.

Partially covering the Win-Test rate window or getting a bigger monitor
doesn't really solve the problem.  All that is needed is a tiny standalone
window with no title bar, like the SSB
bargraph<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Windows#SSB_bargraph>window
you can drag anywhere, but with a digital display of CW speed, and
adjustable font size.

Unfortunately though a LUA script can query CW keyer speed, there is no LUA
function to display an "info" window like Rate or CW Speed, only "pop-up"
windows.