[WT-support] YLRL (YL-OM Contest)

Karel Odehnal odehnk at seznam.cz
Sat Feb 12 11:11:27 CET 2011

Hi Bob,

it is a disadvantage ... I see many requests here for different
contests. I understand the concept of "C/C++" hard coded rules for every
contest, so it is not possible add all contests simply at the moment.

But I think, that one thing is possible and could help to us. It is a
generic contest. Simple contest with three fields RST - RCV1 - RCV2

RCV1 is very often serial number, RCV2 is something other (sections,
districts, member's number etc.) The filling of those fields should not
be mandatory  for logging the QSO.

Points must not be calculated, because different rules and contests.
Export to the Cabrillo is mandatory.

This kind of contest could be used for many local or small national
contests, even the participants must calculate points and multipliers by
own after the contest.

Second advantage of this, contesters will use  the same contest software
and they will be more familiar with him and well trained for the major
wold contests.

It is my opinion and the wish.

Best 73! Karel OK2ZI