[WT-support] RTTY with FT-990

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Feb 11 22:54:34 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 4:12 AM, Simon Schelkshorn <simon at schelkshorn.de>wrote:

> I was testing with DXPedition and all modes. Yes Ctrl-F1 seems to cycle
> correctly as the TRX is being switched
> to RTTY and also the Mode Indicator in the log shows RTTY for a very short
> period of time but then is set to
> SSB after the status of the TRX has been read back by WT (TRX of course
> stays in mode RTTY).
>
> When the log is set to MODE=RTTY only then WT will transmit as expected!

Simon,

First, you have to get the radio's frequency to display correctly in
Win-Test.  Be sure to tell the microHAM Router software that you are
connecting an FT-990.  In the Router interface, Ports tab, CAT port, click
the SET button and select the radio model from the drop-down list.  Make the
sure the baud rate matches the radio.

Mode can be calculated from the frequency.  In the microHAM Router software,
select Options | Digital Band Map and set the frequency range for RTTY.

Similarly in Win-Test, select Options |
Bandplans<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#Bandplans...>and
make sure the frequency ranges make sense for RTTY mode.

If you can't get CAT to work at all, send me screen shots of the Win-Test
Interface Configuration screen and the Router Ports tab and Radio set-up
windows.