[WT-support] Importing a cabrillo file from N1MM

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Aug 29 19:32:08 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 4:10 AM, Gregg <w6izt at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I have a DXpedition Cabrillo file that was created by N1MM and I would like
> to import it into Wintest.

First, could you please explain WHY you want to import it into Win-Test?
 Maybe there is an easier way to get what you really want.

>  Wintest throws an error "Bad format of QSO #2 line 15".
>
> Line 15 is actually the first QSO. File header and first QSO:

As DJ4MZ explained, there is no Cabrillo format defined for a DXpedition,
and the CONTEST: line is blank, so Win-Test has no clue how to parse the QSO
records.

START-OF-LOG: 2.0
> ARRL-SECTION: DX
> CALLSIGN: FS/W6IZT
> CLUB: None
> CONTEST:
> CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP ALL HIGH MIXED
> CLAIMED-SCORE: 1427496
> OPERATORS: N1MM
> SOAPBOX: General DX Log
> NAME: Gregg
> ADDRESS: nil
> ADDRESS: nil, nil nil
> ADDRESS: nil
> CREATED-BY: N1MM Logger V11.8.2
> QSO: 21024 CW 2011-08-20 2129 FS/W6IZT      599  N6TQ          599
>
> Any ideas on how I can correct this file so it will import into Wintest?

   1. Change the CONTEST: line to IARU-HF (or another mixed mode HF contest)
   2. Do a mass change (Replace All), changing "599" to "599 11" and "59 "
   (blank) to "59   11" to add a fake "ITU Zone" sent and received on every QSO
   3. Delete any QSO: lines for WARC bands

Win-Test should then import the file OK.  Then what?