No subject

Thu Sep 2 23:58:53 CEST 2010

I agree, that it would have been much better if the WinKeyer started
to send immediately when you interrupt machine sent CW from the
paddles. The 2.3 version of WinKeyer is now interrupting the CW
immediately (not waiting for the current char to be sent), but you
have to release the paddle before you can start to send.

I will look more into the details of this and maybe I will come
up with some compromise solution. Still, short tail time is essential
when you are in high speed CW contest. Hams in the former East block
is very quick in their responses and its not uncommon to miss the first
bit when the tail time is too long. The reason behind this is that
the operator at the other end tend to use the ending TEST as cue for
starting his transmission and not waiting for another word space.

73
Ingo SM5AJV / SE5E