[WT-support] Using the partner window as a scratchpad when you hear multiple callsigns in a pileup

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Sep 30 04:53:02 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 6:36 AM, Tõnno Vähk <Tonno.Vahk at gafm.ee> wrote:

> The only thing I noticed is that I am using $SPACEBAR and cursor moves to
> exchange field after I press INSERT. Now F12, callsign and ENTER activates
> another ENTER and cursor moves back to the callsign field. That is wrong
> because I need it to stay on exchange field to be able to enter exchange for
> the first station.
>

> Can you do so Bob, that ENTER to close StackCalls window is not
> double-affecting the ordinary cursor position?

First, thanks for trying it and for the kind words.

I believe I have fixed the cursor problem that you reported.  Please try the
latest StackCalls.zip which you can download from http://bit.ly/wtscriptsnow.

After running StackCalls (e.g. [F12]), the cursor will now be placed at the
*end* of the callsign or exchange field, wherever it was in at the time that
you invoked StackedCalls.  This will work OK for CQ WW or other contests
with a single exchange field.  It will not necessarily put the cursor in the
right place for contests with more than one exchange field.  I can't make it
perfect until new LUA APIs are added by Laurent that will provide a way for
a Lua script get and set the exact position of the cursor, or directly store
a callsign in the partner window stack, without having to simulate
Alt-Enter.

I've also fixed another problem that I noticed.  I now make sure that the
callsign field, if non-empty, will stay as it is, whether there are zero
callsigns in the stack, or several.  I had to "borrow" then 9th position in
the Partner window to temporarily save the current callsign, so as long as
you have 8 or less callsigns stacked, StackCalls should behave as expected.

Please let me know how it goes.