[WT-support] Using the partner window as a scratchpad when you hear multiple callsigns in a pileup

Tõnno Vähk Tonno.Vahk at gafm.ee
Wed Sep 29 15:36:53 CEST 2010

THIS IS FANTASTIC!!! Bob is a genius!

I seem to really fall in love with this script thing. I hope one day when I am retired I will be able to write some myself.

I activated the StackCalls scripts and programmed another message:

++$CORRECT ++TU---- $CR $GRABPARTNER $NEXT $SPACEBAR $GUESSEXCH $F2

And when I copy two calls from pileup I write first normally to callsign window, have AUTOSEND send him exchange and then press F12, write call and ENTER. Now I fill the exchange from the fist station (unless it is automatically filled) and simply press the key with the message above. It sends TU, corrects if necessary, grabs the call from partner window, sends exchange, fills exchange..

All with one keystroke. How cool is that??

And advantage to ALT+ENTER is of course obvious - you can enter the second call while you have first one on your callsign window. That is the whole point. ALT+ENTER is not usable at all.

The only thing I noticed is that I am using $SPACEBAR and cursor moves to exchange field after I press INSERT. Now F12, callsign and ENTER activates another ENTER and cursor moves back to the callsign field. That is wrong because I need it to stay on exchange field to be able to enter exchange for the first station.

Can you do so Bob, that ENTER to close StackCalls window is not double-affecting the ordinary cursor position?

tonno