[WT-support] Win-Test on Imac

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Sep 29 00:31:36 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 2:35 PM, la7to <la7to at online.no> wrote:

>  I have an Imac 9,1 with OS X ver 10.5.8 and with the help of a Virtual
> Windows program called “Parallels” I’m running a few Windows programs on it
> .
> All the programs I have tried works just fine, even Win-Test works perfect,
> except for one thing - there are no sound and no keying.
> Is there any hope to make it work ?

By "sound" I assume you mean CW sidetone on the PC speaker?  That probably
will never work on an Imac as it requires BIOS "beep" support.  But of
course you don't really need it or want it during a contest.  Or are you
talking about Sound Card Voice Keying?

This web site<http://www.serialio.com/support/SerialMagic/Windows/USB_Parallels.php>seems
to explain how to get USB-to-serial adapters working on Parallels.
Then you could see if DTR pin keying works (set up the virtual COM port as
"Other Interface" in Win-Test Interface Configuration, press Configure
button, specify CW on DTR).

There is also a section in the
Wiki<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/running_on_Linux>about running
Win-Test on Linux using Wine.  That may also give you some
clues or options.

If you get CW working with Parallels, or if you fail to get it to work using
any of the suggested techniques, please document the results in this
reflector.

Thanks.