[WT-support] More about $FREQnn

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Sep 13 11:10:17 CEST 2010

Hi Toni

Toni Lindén a écrit :

> I've tried also setting $FREQS in different message (e.g. MSG1) and
> setting up messages like F7= NOW PSE QSY $MSG1 or with scenarios put
> in scenario line F7=F7 $MSG1, but always the outcome is the same, the
> QRG is read at the moment when I hit F7.

Use a script to get the freq (#FREQS for example) instead of the variable.

And you will be able to round it as you want as well.

-- freqs.wts

wtKeyer:Play(wtRadioSecondary:GetFreq());

and F7

PSE QSY #FREQS

As the freqs.wts script is fired only when the "keyer cursor" is over
it, the radio freq is captured as that time, on the contrary to the
$FREQS variable that is interpreted when the message is parsed.

The only drawback is that you can't "insert" a script in the middle of a
CW message. It must end the message.

PS : And, the cherry on the cake, you can round the freq AS YOU WANT !
Time to do your homework ;-)