[WT-support] Feature Request for multi-ops: Send a "PSE QSY" message to pass multipliers

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Sep 13 09:26:48 CEST 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 3:29 PM, Laurent HAAS - F6FVY <f6fvy at free.fr> wrote:

> Check $FREQnn variables. That should already solve more or less what
> you're looking for.

Thanks, I had completely overlooked these message variables, which were
added in version 3.27 over a year ago.  I've just updated the Wiki
page<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Message_variables#CW_.2F_RTTY_automation>because
they were missing.

Unfortunately, I think these variables may still be little used because they
really do not send what a human operator would send.

For example, if a networked radio is on 14021.99, and you hit a key
programmed to send PSE QSY $FREQ20, the message comes out as "PSE QSY
14021R9" instead of just "PSE QSY 14022".

Could you please change the message variable behavior so that they
automatically round to the nearest *half kHz*, e.g. only send 14021,
14021R5, or 14022, and nothing in between?

It's hard enough to get many rare DX stations to understand QSY requests as
it is.  1/2 kHz should be close enough.  Only rarely would you need to be
any more precise than that.