[WT-support] Import a cabrillo-file

Lukas Czeszak (DG3LCH) hamradio at czeszak.de
Sun Sep 12 20:04:07 CEST 2010

Hi Larry,

thanks for you fast response.

>> I just joined a lot of old logs from different logging-programs with LM
>> to one (cabrillo) file. Now I'd like to import it to a WT database,
>> using DXped.-Class, to use it as my daily log.
>>

> Win-Test is not designed to be used as a daily log. The DXPed mode has
> been added for convenience, and if minimal data need to be entered.
I know, but that's basicly everthing I need...it works perfectly for me.

>> But if I try to import the file WT gives me an error sounding like "WT
>> doesn't support this contest".
>>

> The Cabrillo format is reserved for contests only. Its official
> specifications are available on the Web
> (http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/). This format is not adapted, and
> not suitable, for "daily logging", mostly because of the (too) numerous
> various involved data.

Ok, good to know. I just chose the cabrillo format because it was one of
the two formats WT can import.

I think I'll try to get the cards from the old logs printed and start a
new DXped. mode database for my daily logging. In case I need to search
through the old QSOs I just use LM or something.

73

Lukas

--
Lukas Czeszak, DG3LCH