[WT-support] How to edit master.scp

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Oct 29 07:09:03 CEST 2010

usarobert at web.de wrote:
> the directory is "program files"; if I look it up in the explerer it
> is "programme". I also have other software that gets problems with
> that ...

Common stupid problem in all localized versions of Windows.

One aspect that can cause problems is that the name contains spaces.

If Swedes get open Explorer windows every time they log in it is
because a startup registry item references a file under program files,
but without quoting the full path, so the path gets cut off after
"program", and an Explorer window pops up with c:\program.

Even if you don't see that symptom the space can still cause problems
in less careful programs. Unfortunately, adding quotes only works if
quoting is supported where needed. Depending on how they are used,
some registry values could benefit from quoting. You could quickly
look through any Win-Test keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software and
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software (the first subkey is named after the
producer, I'm not sure what that is for Win-Test) and add quotes
around any string values found there.

Yet another workaround could be to simply move the Win-Test dir out
of program files and into another dir without space in the name. Bob
mentioned that there is an .ini file in the same dir as the .exe,
that .ini will probably need to be updated with corrected paths then.

//Peter