[WT-support] How to edit master.scp

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Oct 27 19:49:10 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 6:49 AM, <usarobert at web.de> wrote:

> I just tried to edit the master.scp file and add some calls from ng3k.com.
> But it seems like me edits do not have any effect.
> I also tried to enter Dummy Calls just to see if it works; like AA0XX ...
> but it looks like it does not see the "new" Calls.
> I am using WT 3.22.0 and I edite the file under C:\Programme\Win-Test\ (it
> is a Windows Vista system)

Right click on the Check Partial window and select "Used files list".  Maybe
Win-Test is using DEFAULT.SCP instead of MASTER.SCP.

See http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Check_Partial_and_Np1_Files for a complete
explanation of the search order, and instructions on how to make MS Windows
display full file names.  The directories described are for WT4; WT3 uses
the Win-Test installation directory.

You also have to reload the log to have any changes to MASTER.SCP take
affect.  The text command shortcut to do that is REOPENNOW.