[WT-support] Logsync & QTCs, OmniRig Alt-F4 ?

Mario Lorenz ml-wt at vdazone.org
Fri Oct 22 21:44:02 CEST 2010

Hello Bob,

Am 21. Oct 2010, um 14:25:53 schrieb Bob Wilson, N6TV:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Mario Lorenz <ml-wt at vdazone.org> wrote:
>
> > but on my K3, I use the control lines
> > on the same port for keying and CWing. There wouldnt be a chance of
> > routing those through OmniRig too?
> >

> Probably not.  You can't tell Win-test to send CW on the DTR line of the
> Radio's COM port when using OmniRig, because that means Win-Test will have
> to grab the COM port for exclusive use, and that will block OmniRig from
> using the port.

But it looks to me as if OmniRig a) exposes an API to switch RX/TX,
and b) exposes an API to set/get the control lines...

> However, you *can *fix it with hardware solution, just hard wire the DTR
> line of *another* COM port, or an LPT port, to the K3's RS-232 connector
> (two cables combined in one connector, a custom Y-adapter).  One COM port
> does radio control via OmniRig, a second COM/LPTport does CW keying.

This is ugly, since I use a USB/RS232 dongle plugged directly in the K3.
For the Kenwoods, where the same com port cant be used, this is our solution.

Mario
--
Mario Lorenz                            Internet:    <ml at vdazone.org>
                                        Ham Radio:   DL5MLO at DB0ERF.#THR.DEU.EU