[WT-support] Advanced SO2R mode on phone doesn't work well right now

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Oct 21 19:45:05 CEST 2010

Please explain how you would say a serial number on secondary radio in the
WPX Phone contest.  Press the star key to complete *every* secondary radio
QSO??  Did you *always* have to do that?

I believe a change was introduced when Task
#137<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?id=137&do=details>,
an issue with Altnernating CQs, was fixed in version 3.16.  There is a note
that Task #264 <http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?id=264&do=details>and
Task #137 are "in conflict", but there ought to be a way to address
both
issues.

Please do not count $TR2 / $TR1 macros when considering "last transmission,"
as they do not seem to affect paddle focus at all on CW.  Sorry if that
wasn't explained in detail.  Similarly, Shift-F1 etc. should continue to
work as they do today; the Shift-Fx keys do not affect paddle or mic. focus
at all, if I recall correctly.

All I want is, if you press CapsLock, then F4 or F2, then speak into the
mic. *while the window is still yello*w, the audio should go to the
secondary radio, not the primary radio.  If you press CapsLock again, I
think mic. audio should immediately go back to primary.  This same thing
should happen on CW.  This is a very minor fix I am requesting.  No major
changes.

SO2R programming is very complex when you consider repeating CQs,
alternating CQs, keyboard, headphone and output focus.

There are lot of different opinions as to how it should be done.  There is
widespread agreement that N1MM's SO2R implementation is simpler and more
natural than Win-Test's.  Fortunately Win-Test is flexible and customizable,
and I can simulate most of the N1MM behavior in Win-Test via Lua scripts,
but given the limitations of the Secondary Radio window (e.g., no column
headings, no keystroke that works like star without swapping windows,
inconsistencies between phone and CW), there is a limitation as to how close
I can get.