[WT-support] Advanced SO2R mode on phone doesn't work well right now

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Oct 20 01:05:07 CEST 2010

Normally you can press CapsLock to move data entry focus to the secondary
radio window (it gets highlighted in yellow), and then press F4 or Enter (in
ESM mode) to send your callsign on the secondary radio.  That works OK on
both CW and Phone.  No need for $TR1 or $TR2.

Now, from that point on, on CW, sending with the paddles transmits on the
secondary radio.  But right now, speaking into the mic. does *not* transmit
on the secondary radio, and that is the bug.

So right now it is impossible to operate a serial number contest such as WPX
phone, using Advanced SO2R techniques, because the serial number forces you
to use the mic.  The only way to to do it is swap transmitters first, by
pressing star [ * ], as explained below.

For CQ WW Phone where the exchange is the same for all contacts, you can
just press F4 and F2 for S&P, but if you get asked a question, and want to
reply by speaking into the mic., you have to hit the star key first,
otherwise you will transmit on the wrong radio.

I hope this can be fixed.