[WT-support] Networking!

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Oct 5 01:38:43 CEST 2010

2010/10/4 Alfredo Vélez WP3C <wp3c at aol.com>

> I need help, I have my 3 computers in network with N1MM and I want to do
> the
> same with Wintest but I don’t know how to do it. Here the info of my
> computers:
>
> Comp. 1:
> IP: 10.100.0.2
> Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
>
> Comp 2:
> IP: 10.100.0.3
> Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
>
> Comp 3:
> IP: 10.100.0.4
> Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
>
> I hope someone can help me! I will appreciate all the help! Thanks

Alfredo,

Please see http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Networking for the details.

   1. Give each computer a different *station name* at the bottom of
the Contest
   Configuration screen <http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/New_Log> (e.g. COMP1,
   COMP2, COMP3 or better yet use a name that makes more sense, like 80m 40m
   20m etc.)
   2. On each computer, open the log and select Options | Configure
   Interfaces (or type SETUP [Enter] in the logging window) to see this
   dialog<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#Configure_interfaces...>
   .
   3. Check [x] Enable Ethernet Network
   4. Click the [By default] button to have Win-test set up the default
   broadcast address (I think it will be 10.100.0.255) and port no. (9871)
   5. Press [OK]
   6. Once this is done on all three computers (which must all be
running *exactly
   the same version of Win-Tes**t*), Press Alt-G to type a Gab message on
   every computer, and make sure that it is seen by all the other computers
   7. Log a QSO on one computer and make sure it is seen on all the
   computers
   8. Before the contest starts, follow the procedure
here<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Multi-op/Clearing_all_logs_before_the_start>to
empty all the logs in the network of these "practice" QSOs.  Do not
   attempt to create a new empty log or you will lose all of your CW messages
   (in Win-Test 4.6 you can use the new COPYLOG command to save a log of QSOs
   made before the contest).