[WT-support] Speed jumps up occasionally

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Tue Nov 30 14:47:25 CET 2010

QSL.  Tnx, Bob.

73, George.

George  Wagner, K5KG
Sarasota, FL
941-400-1960 cell

In a message dated 11/29/2010 11:18:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
n6tv at arrl.net writes:

See _this  post_
(http://www.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2008-May/075776.html)  for some history about this issue.

Bottom line, Win-Test assumes a speed pot range of 20 WPM to 60 WPM.  If
you use any other ranges, the speeds can get out of sync.  When  you change
speed with Win-Test, the POT does not move to track the  new speed, so its
position is immediately out of sync.  Slightly touching  it or some other
vibration might cause a resync to pot speed, and a speed  jump.

All WinKey / Win-Test speed jump issues go away if you forget about
touching the speed knob and only use Win-Test to change speeds, that is, use  "the
only by the Win-Test commands" option in _Options  | Winkey configuration_
(http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#WinKey_configuration...)  .

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 6:21 AM, <_Georgek5kg at aol.com_