[WT-support] CW message changes

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Nov 24 19:55:21 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Fred Ockert <m.ockert at t-online.de> wrote:

> Hello,
> has WT any option to change standard-messages ?
> would like to change permanently for all upcomminig contestes for
> example the F2 message ... adding a $SPACEBAR at the end.
> Is the a place, I can change the templates (if there are tmplates)

This is not possible in Win-Test because all of the standard CW / RTTY
messages are kept in the log file (.wt4).  Additional Messages (Alt-C), are
kept in the WT.INI file, but not standard messages.

The best way to preserve standard CW messages from contest to contest is to
simply copy the .wt4 file to a new name, then use CLEARLOG to remove all the
QSOs.

After clearling the log, you can also use the REOPEN command to change the
contest type from CQ WW to ARRL 10 or whatever you like.  All the CW
messages will be preserved (but they may no longer be appropriate).

When you do File | New, all the CW/RTTY messages are reset to the Win-Test
defaults for that contest, and there is no way to change the Win-Test
defaults.