[WT-support] WT4 and MicroHam USBII problems

Dave Sharred g3nkc at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 23 14:38:22 CET 2010

I have WT 4 (latest version; Run Windows 7 (64 bit); and have also the latest USBII software installed on my laptop (uRouter 7.7.1).

This morning, I was trying to prepare it for our trip to GD.

First , with nothing connected; if I make  a CW contest (ie CQWWDX); and turn the speaker sound on, it doesnt work - I get some strange noises only Is this normal?

Next; the USBII settings I normally use are COM4 for the radio interface (FT1000MP, which works);  and COM 5  for "Other interfaces" The Baud rate is greyed out; and seems stuck on 4800, which I don't thinks is correct. The URouter software is set to mirror this of course.

I looked at the MHam  web page; and see that they describe the interface on 1 virtual COM port only; they used COM Port 4 and configured RTS and DTS accordingly. This made no difference whatsoever.

Has anyone enountered this; what am I doing wrong ?
I will try configuring different ports tonight, to see if that helps.

(Have to say I have not used CW interface yet on my 4 month old laptop; although I have used rig interface; that worked exactly the same as the old PC)

73
Dave
G3NKC