[WT-support] Window CW msg info

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Nov 23 07:28:54 CET 2010

Operators who are used to N1MM or TR4W may prefer to use Win-Test in ESM
(Enter Sends Message) mode.  Just type ESM [Enter] or NOESM [Enter] in the
Win-Test logging window to enable or disable this mode.

N1MM users may also be used to pressing the semicolon [ ; ] key instead of
INSERT and the quote [ ' ] key instead of PLUS, or maybe some other keys on
European keyboards.  You can also set that up using DEFINEKEYS as shown in
the example Win-Test Wiki and in manual.pdf.  Both keys continue to work
after doing DEFINEKEYS (e.g., both semicolon and INSERT do the same thing),
allowing operators to change places without having to touch the keyboard
redefinitions.

So, there is no need to retrain N1MM or TR4W operators to use the INSERT and
PLUS keys, as Win-Test does not force you to use them.