[WT-support] Script for getting next call in Bandmap

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Nov 19 19:44:26 CET 2010

Unfortunately, there is nothing available in the Lua API to read spots from
the band map or even send the Alt-Double-Click command to load the
highlighted spot into VFO B (or Sub Rx).

If I could figure out how to send up arrow and down arrow commands (key
code?) from Lua, one could use the sequence:

SwapVFOs (Radio CAT command)
Ctrl-Up Arrow (Get next spot loaded)
SwapVFOs (Spot now in VFO B)

But having a way to simply step through spots using VFO B / Sub Rx sure
would be nice for those radios with a SubRx.

Finding an available key to do this is hard.  AltGr-Up Arrow or Ctrl-Alt-Up
Arrow and other nice possibilities are already used by the Contest
Recorder.

Maybe a new bandmap option is needed that controls whether Ctrl-Up Arrow and
Ctrl-Down Arrow move VFO A or VFO B.