[WT-support] Support for WinKeyer version 23?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Nov 16 00:09:04 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 2:11 PM, SM5AJV <sm5ajv at qrq.se> wrote:

> Still, short tail time is essential when you are in high speed CW contest.

Very true; this is one reason why I prefer QSK over semi-breakin.

 Hams in the former East block is very quick in their responses and its not
> uncommon to miss the first  bit when the tail time is too long. The reason
> behind this is that the operator at the other end tend to use the ending
> TEST as cue for starting his transmission and not waiting for another word
> space.

I do not recommend sending "TEST" at the end of a CQ or TU message.  It
makes the entire pileup start calling at exactly the same time, making it
harder to pick out desirable prefixes.  And if you have a slow PTT tail or
CW VOX delay set too long, you will certainly miss the first letter.