[WT-support] Support for WinKeyer version 23?

SM5AJV sm5ajv at qrq.se
Mon Nov 15 11:47:38 CET 2010

>> If all characters would be sent at once to the WK-chip (as the N1MM program
>> does) there is no drop
>> of the PTT-line, regardless of speed.
>>

> I think there are some advantages to doing things the way Win-Test it, one
> character at a time, though I can't list them.

I would really like to hear what advantages that can be. I can think of one
reason: If the S/W is implemented to support the built-in CW-keying and
that software lacks a method for interrupting an ongoing transmission.
But, in the WinKeyer case, there is a command for interrupting any ongoing
transmission.

As I said earlier, I "think" this is causing the PTT line to drop. But
it could also be some differences in setting up the WK chip compared
how the N1MM program. The fact still remains:

WT:   PTT line can drop while transmitting
N1MM: PTT line does not drop

If anyone could advice my a work-around I would be happy. Still, I really
want to use a short PTT-tail time regardless of the speed setting.

73
Ingo SM5AJV / SE5E